Here are 5 ideas that helped me save each month:
- Switching from a paid service like Audible ($15/month) to a free service called Libby. My husband has a long commute and listens to books and podcasts daily.
- Entertainment – how much are you spending? How about for one month trying to rent movies and music from the library? Cancel Netflix for that month and save approximately $10 that month. (Continue it indefinitely?)
- Check your credit card statements once a week for fraud. I’ve found as much as $900 charged fraudulently. Sometimes $11. Either way, contact the credit card company. They will likely have the money refunded to you within 1 minute.
- Have kids? They have hair? Watch some YouTube videos and learn how to cut their hair. Saves a lot not having to go to the hair salon every six weeks.
- Are you paying for email storage? I was. Check and see what you can delete instead. Voila! No longer need the paid storage.